If you want to make sure that your car air conditioning works perfectly you need to show it a bit of TLC. Since your air conditioner is working overtime especially during the summer months it is essential that you maintain it the right way. The following are some ways in which you can ensure that you are able to maintain the car air conditioning.
- Dust is one of the major factors which can cause a problem with the air conditioning in the car. This is why it is essential that you remove all the dust which is inside your car with the help of a Hoover.
- It is essential that the air conditioner should be run at least once a week for about 15 to 20 minutes. This allows the compressor to work properly throughout the time when it is not in use. It is necessary that you switched on to the highest fan speed and the coolest setting.
- Make sure to turn on the defrost mode for about 10 to 15 minutes. This can prevent the growth of mold and mildew and also helps get rid of the excess moisture. If you have noticed an unpleasant odor coming from your car it is because of the presence of too much moisture.
- Even if it is not summer and the weather turns cool you should still make sure that you operate the car air conditioner. It can actually help get rid of the month moisture from the windshield and improve the visibility.
- It is essential to change the air conditioning system after about five years or so. On the other hand if you recharge the unit every two years you can actually increase the time limit of how long you can use the car air conditioner. You may need to take it to the air conditioning maintenance service who would fill it with gas and lubricant.
- Also get a full air conditioning service done on a yearly basis. They would also make sure that they check for any leaks or damage. When you catch on small problems initially you may not have to spend a great deal of cash. If you keep on using the air conditioner without getting it serviced you might have to invest in you having to buy a new system.
When you are about to get a service done for your car air conditioning you need to make sure that you are going to the right service agent. You should consider somebody who is reliable and whom you can trust for providing with the best kind of services. If possible do some research and find out where other people you know take their car for servicing. Word of mouth is a pretty powerful tool and it would help you find somebody who is reliable and does good work.
Before you go for an air conditioning service just make sure that they are licensed to carry out their services. Also make sure that you do not miss handle the air conditioner and use it keeping all of the above instructions in mind.